Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vinger: Friend for All

Here are some of my favorite uses for vinegar:

* cleaning out my washing machine. Ever notice how there sometimes gets to be a film on the inside of the machine? Or it might just smell a little? Well, fill the washer with hot water, pour in about 3/4 c. vinegar and let agitate for several minutes. Then let sit overnight. In the morning, let agitate again for several minutes, then rinse well.

* cleaning the shower. Stop spending money on those 'clean shower' sprays! Use a mixture of vinegar and water after you shower and it keeps the mildew away. Also, spraying full strength vinegar on your shower doors and letting it sit before spraying it off will help get off water deposits.

* cleaning windows. I pour water into an empty spray bottle, add a few Tbl of vinegar and mix well. It does a great job cleaning my windows.

* making my own buttermilk. I never buy buttermilk...I always make my own! Mix in 1 Tbl vinegar to 1 cup milk, and let it sit for at least 5 minutes. Whalla...Buttermilk! I always use this in recipes and no one can tell the difference.

* cleaning the microwave. To make cleaning your microwave easy, get a bowl of water, mix in a few Tbl of vinegar and put in the microwave for about 1 minute on high. The hot water will steam up the caked-on food, and wipe up will be a breeze...not to mention having a fresher smelling microwave!

There are still places in my house I like to use disinfectants on, but vinegar can do it for many other spots for me. What do you use vinegar for?

No comments:

Hello World

 I haven't had time to write in about two years. My daughter said to update my thousands of followers.  Hello World! It's me, Debbie.