Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Day at the Spa for Mother's Day!!

Make mothers day a great day and pamper yourself a little. Ideally, you could go to a spa and just relax, but this is not an option for some of us. Some of us have to take an alternate route to our beautification. And my spa treatment is all in the home.

What a wonderful Day at the Casa de Cluff Spa I had today. My treatment began this morning, around 7 with a hydrotherapy treatment, courtesy of my dog licking my feet to get me out of bed. I really felt this helped to and remineralize my body first thing in the morning. I was then quickly blessed with a special aromotherpy session. Asaromatherapy is believed that the sense of smell is very powerful and directly connected to our brain, and therefore, to the hormonal activity in the body. Based on this logic, we can balance our hormones using essential oils (Though I am not sure if a poppy diaper counts). BUT I am sure that it hit all of those special requirements. Viola! I was refreshed and ready to start my day, I headed downstairs to mentally and physically prepare myself for my next treatment, but remember my objective was to always relax and look better.

My facial was offered to me by my wonderful and personal esthetician, my Bosch Blender, that didn't have the lid tightened very well and shot an amazing excess of butter cream frosting through the pours of my face, so slightly exfoliating excess dead skin. My wonderful therapist (Emma) then prepared me for my sugar body scrub by strategically applying the sugar to the floor in preparation for my body scrub. Her assistant (Audrey) didn't forget to apply the milk facial while pouring a bowl of cereal. PHEW!



Don't worry, thanks to the mess, I mean treatment, my mani/pedi was followed as I prepare a hand water soak with warm water and a few drops of left over vanilla (from the icing). I was able to soak my hands and feet between the loading of the dishwasher and moping of the floor. Did you know that salted water will help alleviate light-headedness some people experience when soaking in hot water. WOW, this is my lucky day! I did add some salt!

Shiatsu is a form of Japanese bodywork that uses localized finger pressure in a rhythmic sequence on acupuncture meridians. I was able to recieve one of these ALL DAY because my little therapists like to poke, poke, poke when asking a question and I am not paying attention. People are normally pleasantly surprised when they try shiatsu for the first time. It is relaxing yet the pressure is firm, and there is usually no soreness afterwards.


I have to say that the most important part of my spa experience is being sure you have some uninterrupted time for just you. With 2 Diet Cokes, that time did come, for about 2 minutes before the girls figured out I was gone and then began another massage session.
So yes, I was able to rejevenate my mind, body, and spirit with a little mother's day pampering, free of charge! Thanks kids!

1 comment:

Keeping Up With the Joneses said...

What wonderful kids! They are only thinking of you. Happy Mother's Day!

Hello World

 I haven't had time to write in about two years. My daughter said to update my thousands of followers.  Hello World! It's me, Debbie.