I was talking with my husband as we were driving home from a family event and I told him I was a better parent before I had kids. It was SO much easier back then! As I am a list maker, I made a list of how I was a better parent before I had kids
1. The house was ALWAYS clean before my husband came home from work. I made sure to clean up after myself and never left dishes in the sink.
2. I was VERY involved in my child's life and didn't need to take breaks. When I was pregnant with Ben, I even brought him to work with me. This was sometimes hard work, but I was very dedicated to rethinking and rearranging my priorities.
3. I established and set rules in the home, AND didn't break them. Things such as eating on the couch, peeing in the bed, finger prints on the wall, just didn't happen.
4. I never would allow naked-ness to go outside the house, and sometimes follow me down the street when I am getting the mail.
5. I was VERY consistent, on time and had a set schedule that was always followed. Get up, get dressed, eat, go to work, come home, hang out with my husband, eat, go to sleep.
6. Potty always went in the toilet, not on the floor
7. Dirty socks went in the washing machine, not one on the floor, one on the couch never meeting up again.
8. I never would leave half glass of milk on the counter.
9. When I had food on my plate, I ate it.
10. AND FINALLY, my coke addiction was non existent making me sleep better and function better as a whole ;) or so I thought and that is when the real fun started!!