Skip to main content

Help Wanted

If there are any takers, just let me know...

POSITION:
Mother, Mom, Mama, Mommy, Ma

JOB DESCRIPTION:
Long term, team players needed, for challenging permanent work in an
often chaotic environment. Candidates must possess excellent communication
and organizational skills and be willing to work variable hours, which will
include evenings and weekends and frequent 24 hour shifts on call. Some
overnight travel required, including trips to primitivecamping sites on
rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in far away cities. Travel
expenses not reimbursed. Extensive courier duties also required.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
The rest of your life. Must be willing to be hated, at least
temporarily, until someone needs $5. Must be willing to bite tongue
repeatedly. Also, must possess the physical stamina of a pack mule and be
able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat in case, this time, the
screams from the backyard are not someone just crying wolf. Must be willing
to face stimulating technical challenges, such as small gadget repair,
mysteriously sluggish toilets andstuck zippers. Must screen phone calls,
maintain calendars and coordinate production of multiple homework projects.
Must have ability to plan and organize social gatherings for clients of all
ages and mental outlooks. Must be willing to be indispensable one minute, an
embarrassment the next. Must handle assembly and product safety testing of a
half million cheap, plastic toys, and battery operated devices. Must always
hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Must assume final, complete
accountability for the quality of the end product. Responsibilities also
include floor maintenance and janitorial work throughout the facility.

POSSIBILITY FOR ADVANCEMENT &PROMOTION:
Virtually none. Your job is to remain in the same position for years,
without complaining, constantly retraining and updating your skills, so that
those in your charge can ultimately surpass you.

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
None required unfortunately. On-the-job training offered on a
continually exhausting basis.

WAGES AND COMPENSATION :
Get this! You pay them! Offering frequent raises and bonuses. A balloon
payment is due when they turn 18 because of the assumption that college will
help them become financially independent. When you die, you give them
whatever is left. The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that
you actually enjoy it and wish you could only do more.

BENEFITS:
While no health or dental insurance, no pension, no tuition
reimbursement, no paid holidays and no stock options are offered; this job
supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth and free hugs for life
if you play your cards right.

Comments

AMiller said…
That sounds about right.
Michelle said…
love it, so true!

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Callick or Cowlick

THIS IS BY FAR MY MOST POPULAR POST... WILL YOU PLEASE CLICK THE BUTTON TO THE RIGHT AND FOLLOW ME WHILE YOU ARE VISITING?!

SO a dear friend and I were talking (who will remain nameless, but anybody have to say focaccia?) and I was telling her how Audrey could NEVER have bangs because she has this horrible "Cow Lick". This woman, who is still anonymous, starts laughing at me and says it is "Callick". I was like "no" it is "cowlick"so I called my dad and he reconfirmed her grammar. Being TOTALLY embarrassed (as I usually am when I misspronounce a word... what was that last one? Oh yeah, I thought it was kick in the "grown", but it is "groin"), so I didn't question her. I also then went home and told the story to my husband who agreed with her and laughed at me. I then decided the proper thing to do was to google it and this is where I AM RIGHT! Here you go, all those callick lovers...

The term you want is actually “cowlick”,…

Recipes

I am posting some of my classic recipe copy cats that I have improved and worked on...

Tito's Taco Salsa Recipe

Ingredients:

8 roma tomatoes
1.5 small pickled jalapenos
One pickled carrot from the jalapeno can
One thin slice of white onion
Juice from 1/4 lime
about a tsp of salt
ten or so dashes of pepper (too much overpowers the other flavors)

I use my chop wizard and chop it all up into very small squares... then the secret is that you have to let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours.

Shredded Beef for Burritos

Ingredients:

2 pounds roast beef
3 cans Coke (NOT diet, big suprise)
1/4 c. brown sugar
dash garlic salt
1/4 c. water
1 can sliced green chilies
3/4 can RED enchilada sauce (I used Old El Paso brand, medium spiciness)
1 c. brown sugar

Throw it all in the crock potfor about 4 to 6 hours

CILANTRO-LIME RICE

Ingredients:

1 c. uncooked rice
1 tsp. butter or margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 can (15 oz) chicken broth
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
2 …

5 Lies that Nerium Doesn't Tell you about The Brand Partners

Yes, it is true. I have fallen in love with something else besides my kids, my husband, taco bell, and Disneyland. It is called Nerium and is the most amazing wrinkle magician in a box which I have ever had the pleasure of coming into contact with in my 30's. I tried it for 5 days and I knew with every fiber of my being that I needed this cream as much as it needed me. When I went into the bathroom each evening to dampen my face and apply 4-5 pumps I was like that of a weary housewife seeing a Diet Coke first thing in the morning. I haven't felt this way about something since being able to stay up to midnight for the pre-taped ball drop in Time Square with Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve (B.S. – Before Seacrest).

So when I found this Nerium, I face-booked and Instagrammed. I then got my Twitter account up and running because I had to shout from the roof top that THIS simple antidote  for those lines brought on by my children conundrums and the bags brought on by wandering …