Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TOP TEN: 9 to 5 jobs

I was talking to a friend today whose husband works "the usual", meaning 9 to 5. Can you imagine what it would be like to actually work a 9 to 5 job? Well here are my TOP 10 reasons why I do better working the 9 to 5 from home...

1. I would actually have to get up and dressed before my kids went to school
2. Who will beat the children if they mess up the house? If I am not home, they are not home.
3. Audrey's missing doll. She seems to misplace something a day and I am able to pull a Sherlock Holmes and locate that toy. Thanks heavens for my keen sense of solving mysteries.
4. Honestly, if Brittany Spears has another nervous breakdown, I am going to want to be on the couch watching that all go down. You never know, but I want to be there to support her.
5. Today I decided to curl my hair, with a curling iron. It took about 2 hours. Enough said.
6. Who would support my Diet Coke at Mavericks Everyday Movement to keep the company in business during this tough economic times?
7. Spilled Macaroni and Cheese all over the kitchen floor. Obviously it wouldn't get picked up if I had to work it would sit and get moldy on the floor. PHEW! Thank heavens I am here to clean up that mess.
8. I don't remember to do much, but I do remember to walk and get Ben off the bus stop (even when it interrupts my abrupt schedule) and always ask him how his day went or if I forget and he makes it all the way home, I am sure to give him a hug when he walks in the door.
9. Honestly, the kids have to go to bed by 8 so I could watch TV and that wouldn't happen unless I am on top of my game (meaning 10 hours of sleep, a few diet cokes, and some good daily neighborhood gossip and gripping).
10. Who needs high end clothes when we have high end diapers (I only buy Pampers).

All in all, I think I am a huge asset to working from home and in the home. Without me, who knows what would happen, at least from home I know I can ensure world peace between the siblings, conquer the battle of the bulge by going to the gym, and keeping the husband happy (I am not sure if I am really working on that one by being home, but it just needed to be thrown in somewhere ;)

2 comments:

the design boss said...

You are hilarious!! Thanks for the laugh! I think I would add in blogging because my fans need me!

Debbie Cluff said...

HA! That is so true. I am sure if I went to work everyone would miss my bloggin!

Hello World

 I haven't had time to write in about two years. My daughter said to update my thousands of followers.  Hello World! It's me, Debbie.